Pages

Aug 23, 2011

Is Apple Up to Something?



Well, come on, Apple is ALWAYS up to something. So are all the other computer/electronics companies. I mean, what geek doesn't dream of world domination, and what better way to do that than through technology?
If I had my way, I'd make a mind control app...masses would download it (free, of course...with in-app purchases) juuuust to see if it was fun. Of course, they'd never remember why they spent 1.99 a day in the app or why they haven't deleted it yet. That's all part of my insidious programming. I call the app "Farmville". Oh wait, I think that idea has been taken already. Crap. Oh well, I'd never know what to do with my mindless horde. Except make them get me some takeout so I could continue watching whatever Netflix has without moving.

Anyway, The Week is abuzz about the rumor that Apple is coming out with something NEW. Nope, the original website that began this rumor said very little more than this, but it's got everyone jumping up and down with excitement like it's the week before Christmas, or the week before whatever day you celebrate where you get presents. The guesses at what this NEW thing could be include touchscreen Macs, new laptops, new desktop computers, or Apple computers without Intel processors.

If you ask me, that stuff is all so easy. Really, would Apple be so lackluster? So NOT insidiously groundbreaking? Hey, like Apple or don't, but I know you want/have an iPod. I may not trust them, but I do love my iPod. I know it doesn't return my love and mocks me while I sleep, but I will continue to love it as long as it brings me endless musical pleasure. I think in true Apple style, if they even really are coming up with something new, it's going to be another ploy for world domination. Perhaps robots? Perhaps a hit TV show? Who knows. Either way, you can bet your sweet game console worshiping butt it's going to be the next reason why you have to wait in line at an Apple store next December.
COMING DECEMBER 2011: The iBuddy. Warning: May kill you if provoked. Or if he doesn't like your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment