Pages

Sep 13, 2011

A New Guinness Record Is Set!

It was announced today that AMD has broken the world record for processor speed. It topped out at 8.429GHz. The previous record was set at 8.308GHz by AMD. Go Intel :)

I have been thinking about setting up a liquid cooling system on my rig for a little while now. Being from Southern California, it can get a little hot in the summer time. I have a quad core duo that is over clocked from 2.8GHz to 3.4GHz and it runs just fine. When I upgrade to a new processor I might just have to go to a liquid rig. It would be really cool to have something that can run at 8.4 but they need a better way to displace the heat. It would be annoying to have to spend all that money on LN2 or He. Not to mention the time it would take to cool it when playing games. Lol with 1 hand I would have to cool the CPU and the other I could walk or shoot. Playing BF3 would be a real pain in the tushy
What does this mean (it's so bright and so vivid) to set the new record? Nothing. Nothing at all. The only thing it means is AMD gets a plaque and a little bit of marketing. I want to see the records for the stable air and liquid(H2O) cooled for every day computing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment