Pages

Dec 10, 2011

A Portrait of Dice: art and geeks collide


Scott MacDonald, a Zymeworks employee by day and hacker by night, created a portrait using a program which converts any image into a format which can then be recreated into a portrait made up of die. You know, the hexahedra inscribed with symbols that you use to play trivial pursuit.

This, my friends, is geekdom at it's artiest. I mean, if you can use a program and glue one dice to another, this is a way to earn major brownie points with that special someone, whether he/she is geeky or not. Suddenly you'd graduate from "Adult who still has figurines of Darth Vader and Mega Man above their bed" to "Michelangelo di Geek, a sensitive yet unique and sexy being". Do I sound like I want someone to make me arts like this? Because I do. You can transport it to me after you've finished it, then I'll let you on my spaceship for cookies.



Juuuuust kidding. I only let other aliens in here. The armada would have my second head if I cavorted with humans during my scout mission.

Anyway, read more about this work of art and its creator, as well as find out how to do it yourself at Geek.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment