Pages

Feb 5, 2012

GDC is Coming

Some of you know me, and some of you don't. For those of you who don't, I design video games for a living, so naturally I'll be going to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco March 5th-9th.
I will be giving you peeps news from GDC, as well as, posting about my experiences from the Level Design Summit and the Indie Gaming Summit. Just remember, this isn't E3, they don't typically have new game announcements, this conference is for developers. Last year a lot of it was new tech and post mortem's. There are however lots and lots of booths, not Comic-Con amounts but there are plenty of things to check out. There are a lot of talks at the booths too which is very informative. Last year I watched a talk on lighting for Medal of Honor using Beast, at the Autodesk booth that was really sweet. Annnnnnnnd, they had a business card raffle at the end of the talk for a new top of the line Nvidia graphics card. On the last day I saw my card in the guys hand with another card and mine dropped back into to bowl :( So, yeah, I'll be covering some stuff so, make sure and check back. I'll toss up some pix and stuff and give you peeps as much information as I can type with my fat fingers.

TLDR: V+ is covering GDC stuff this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment