Pages

Oct 4, 2011

Spock Attends His Final Convention

Live long and prosper, Nimoy.

Last weekend, Leonard Nimoy bid his last convention good-bye with a "live long and prosper". At 80 years old, Nimoy has already said he's retired and not going to be in the next Star Trek movie-- which, personally, I am very sad about. Having one of the original cast in the new film made me feel like I wasn't losing the characters/show I loved as a kid (no, I'm not that old. My father just raised me right-- on Star Trek every night before bed well into my tweens. Really.)

Anyway, I hope to see Nimoy walking down the street one of these days. Really, I'm a fan of not only his work in Star Trek, but also his appearances on pretty much anything, from Mission Impossible (because the TV show kicks the movies' ugly, overly-Tom-Cruise-focused butts) to Columbo. Nimoy is one of the finest actors to grace my childhood TV screens, so here's a shout out to him in his retirement-- may he truly live long and prosper.

(Via CinemaBlend.Com)

Watch some of my favorite Nimoy clips after the jump.





Nimoy sings "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". Nimoy + 70's + Tolkien = Trippy.

Nimoy as Paris on MI: This isn't the Vulcan you know.


And finally, Nimoy's good-bye at the Chicago convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment